The Animal Shelter website is a solo, full-stack web development project, built on React and Node, using Sequelize, PostgreSQL, and Jasmine for testing. Hosted on Heroku, built with responsive flex-box and custom CSS, v1.0 was built in a span of two weeks, including wireframes, mock-ups and code dev.
Live site: https://sumco-animal-shelter.herokuapp.com/
See the code: https://github.com/lauren4c/sumco-animal-shelter
Check out the live project board: https://trello.com/b/uo5gYHdQ/animal-shelter-app
v1.0 Features include:
- Available animal list and animal profiles
- User sorting by animal type, size, and age.
- Admin access for adding and editing animal profiles. To create an admin account in your own project db, set user `role = 1` in the user table. Contact me for admin user info on the live site.
- General user account allowing potential-adopters to "favorite" animals and save search settings
- Accept PayPal donation
- Chat feature so that users can get quick answers form shelter staff
- Online adoption application
- Calendar for shelter events, clinics and trainings.
The website is responsive and functions well on all screen sizes.